Sunday, September 19, 2010

KRUGER NATIONAL PARK ACCOMMODATION - MOPANI CAMP

I have always loved Kruger National Park and on my recent trip there, again I had a great time.   My one complaint will be of course the volume of people.  However, as I know Sanparks has to make money, I wont complain to much. 

We stayed at Mopani Camp for the first few nights and as always this is my favourite camp.  The setting is lovely.  Most of the chalets are surrounded by trees (this camp does not really look like the old fashioned style of the Kruger with chalets and rondawels set in a laager).  But of course beloved chose the most beautiful one beforehand, no. 49, set right at the tip and overlooking the lake.  Only two of these and apparently no 49 is the best one.  He of course knows Mopani is my favourite. The chalet has the most stunning views over the lake and you  have a constant flow of animals there.  Always hippos, elephants, waterbuck, etc.  And of course lovely bird viewings. The chalet can sleep 4 comfortably, kitchen and bathroom.  We had lots of  visits from the tree squirrals and dwarf mongoose.  Also lots of birdlife around the chalet.  I also just want to mention, to me, the staff at the reception here are very friendly, with  a great sense of humour.  It was a pleasure dealing with them.

Would have liked to stay longer at Mopani, and in hindsight should have.

Next we moved to Letaba Camp.

http://www.afriqueescapades.co.za/links.html

No comments:

Post a Comment