Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Africa...

I know I have not been on here for some time and I cannot blame anyone but myself. I have neglected my passion for my Mother Africa. But I have not lost my passion for her. I have recently got into an argument with someone from another country on the Twitter feed regarding his ignorant comments about Africa. He even sent me a piece written in a newspaper that was printed in his country about how bad things are in South Africa for instance. It seems like we have absolutely no food left in the country and we are in famine? I have obviously not noted it, or experienced it, according to the look of my waistline. However, I am quite aware we do have famine in lots of African states.
It is such a pity though, as it is caused not only by drought, which we all have in Africa, but by the greed of fighting war lords on our continent. And in being the greedy individuals that they are and the greed for power, they have no consideration for the people of their countries. And this to me is sad and unacceptable. I believe in "show a man how to fish or plant....". And as I do not believe in violence in any form or shape, I find it frightening that the people on our continent allows it. Why should we wait for the Western powers to always step in and assist us with monetary and food aid. We have all the resources on this continent to make it the best place to live. Besides all our natural minerals, oil, gas, we also have what no other continent has and that is our natural beauty, our wild open spaces, our wild animals, and of course us, the beautiful people of Africa. I proudly call myself an African, even though I am white. I was born here and I am part of the soil of this place, we call Mother Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment