Saturday, February 23, 2013

Want to be any where else?....No..not me

It’s once again a beautiful evening in the Bushveld. It is clear skies and the air has cooled down and it smells like only the bush can smell. Fresh and sweet. I am privileged to live in this place. That I know. And I am thankful for it every day of my life. Even though I work in the city during the week, I come home every weekend and am grateful. We have just come back from a walk down the farm road, and all we heard was the sound of the birds starting to settle for the evening, the crisp bark of the zebras and the snort of the blue wildebeest warning the others at the water that something is on its way, the lions in the distance and the call of the black backed jackals. If I could hear the laugh of the hyena now, my evening will be complete. As I sit here, I see the near full moon in appearing in the sky and the inky darkness of the night is nearly upon us. And I don’t want to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment